Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 9: Laws of Gravity

What would happen if all the stuff in the world fell down except the buildings?



Motivation: My 5 year old asked me this question as I was driving him to preschool this morning.  What a good question!

Answer:

My friend said there would be a lot of bird poop on the buildings, but I don't really understand that logic.  I think that everyone would probably die.  If everything fell down, that would include trees, airplanes... anything that could "fall."  And lots of people would get squished.  And if everything fell down at the same time, it would kind of start piling up and pushing outward... lots of squishing.  But I guess if everyone didn't die, those that were left would be stuck cleaning up the mess... but at least they'd have buildings.  

Rumination: This is a question that clearly has no searchable answer.  In the end, maybe things would eventually go on as normal.  Think about a tsunami, a hurricane, a tornado.  These are devastating natural disasters, which I would say that everything falling down would be.  Each country would have their own issues to deal with.  I'm sure it would take years, but things would probably get back to "normal."

No comments:

Post a Comment